If there’s one thing we got from looking at Anne Barge’s Spring 2014 collection, it is that the mermaid silhouette is gonna be hot in the coming season. After all, almost half of this trendsetting label’s new collection features this glamorous silhouette — if this isn’t a shout out to announce the new hottest trend, we don’t know what is.
Hailing from Atlanta and established in 1999, Anne Barge has always epitomised timeless glamour in bridal fashion. Its ability to remain as one of the mainstays in the industry over the years is no doubt a combination of the following winning factors: constantly updated interpretations on classic looks; impressive handiwork on details such as beading; and the use of high quality fabrics (for example, its Spring 2014 collection uses generous amounts of Chantilly lace).
Indeed, Anne Barge’s new collection offers a romantic take on the classic mermaid silhouette, incorporating tulle and lace to impart an airy and lighter feel that is perfect for spring. We also love the elegant styling — scarlet lips and a low chignon — that add just the right touch to the beautiful gowns. Before you run and claim one of these to-die-for gowns for yourself (we know you want to!), here are some pointers on the mermaid silhouette that may be useful to keep in mind!
– Flattering for slender and hourglass figures
– Highlights feminine curves (if you already have them); if not, the mermaid silhouette adds curves to a straight figure
– Presents a glamourous and sexy look
– Can be quite merciless for fuller figures as it is rather fitting and conceals little, especially for brides with wider hips
– May be hard to move in
– Need extra care when choosing undergarments to prevent embarrassing VPLs