There’s just something magical about the wedding veil. The soft white fabric, that some call it as the second-most-important piece to a bride’s ensemble, completes the transformation from a woman to THE bride.
In this post, we suss out some of the prettiest veils celebrities have adorned and dish out must-know tips on how you should be choosing your very own perfect wedding veil.
Li Hyori: K-Pop’s sexy siren went all ethereal at her low-key wedding with fellow singer Lee Sang Soon, held last September at South Korea’s Jeju Island. The floral headband, atop Li Hyori’s long brown tresses, was something unexpected of the Queen of K-Pop and exuded whimsical beauty.
(Photo credit: here) Anne Hathaway: Its either you love it or you don’t but even detractors can’t stop talking about Anne Hathaway’s Valentino-designed ensemble at her private wedding in 2012. Decked out from head to toe in a 1920s-inspired getup, the Hollywood actress was a lovely sight to behold. The traditional chapel length veil aside, we particularly loved the “The Great Gatsby” alike headpiece which complemented her pixie-cut.
(Photo credit: here) Kate Middleton: It was the wedding of the century and the list wouldn’t have been complete if without the look that grabbed fashion headlines all around the world. While most attention was on the exquisite gown (a Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen piece), Kate Middleton, or the Duchess of Cambridge’s, long veil was also a head turner. Made by members of the Royal School of Needlework, the mid-length veil was made from ivory silk tulle trimmed with hand-embroidered flowers.
Arissa Cheo: Wife of Taiwanese pop singer Vanness Wu, one-fourth of popular boyband F4, the Singaporean captured our attention with her tasteful and adventurous fashion sense. At her wedding in Los Angeles, Cheo had on a full-length gorgeous veil.
How you should be choosing your ideal veil:
Alike hairstyles, an ideal veil depends not just on the style of the wedding gown, but also the bride’s face shape and personality. Whatever style you prefer, do consider the following pointers before making your final choice:
1. For diamond or oval-shaped faces, congratulations for your choices are unlimited. Go ahead and play with all options as long as they complement your gown, neckline and body proportions.
2. If you have a round face, opt for a veil that falls along the sides of your face. Complement the look by wearing your hair down or donning a face-framing bob.
3. For brides with a square jaw-line, you’ll need a longer veil that can frame your face to soften your features.
4. If you have a heart-shaped face, do choose a back-piece veil.
5. A rectangular face will do good with veils that add softness to your features. Paired with a side-swept fringe, a voluminous veil will bring out the feminine in you.
http://www.wedding-travel.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/logo.png00adminhttp://www.wedding-travel.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/logo.pngadmin2014-02-24 08:08:152014-02-24 08:08:15Wedding veils and headpieces we absolutely adore!