Hungry for Chinese food but not sure whether to go for Cantonese, Teochew or Hokkien? Well, at Tien Garden you don’t have to choose as they are an amalgamation of the best Chinese flavours.
Just 5 minutes walk from Kembangan MRT, Tien Garden is located along Changi Road on the same stretch as many popular Muslim eateries in the area. While other Chinese eateries in that area are mostly coffeeshop style, Tien Garden is comfortably housed in a newly renovated air-conditioned unit. So if you are looking for good food in a presentable venue for special occasions, this is a great place to go to.
Unlike most Chinese restaurants where you would expect to see middle age towkays, Tien Garden is the brain child of a trendy lass half the age of most bosses. Though young in age, Sharon Tan is not new to the F&B industry as her parents used to run a food business. With her own background in finance, Sharon seems to have what it takes to manage both the hard and soft aspects of running a restaurant.
As an avid food lover, Sharon hopes to spread the joys of sumptuous Chinese dining to other young people. Hence, Tien Garden doesn’t adopt any specific style of Chinese cuisine. Instead, they simply dish up all time favourites from the various dialects.
Some of their most popular dishes include: Sautéed Prawns with Pumpkin Sauce, Almond Coffee Ribs, Bitter Gourd with Pork Floss, Special Salted Egg Crab, Vegetables with Preserved Egg, Fried Seafood Beehoon, Yam Paste with Gingko Nut.
1. A lightly flavoured dish using large, fresh and succulent prawns with a generous serving of mash pumpkin.
2. Juicy and tender ribs that don’t stick to the bone. Almonds are nicely roasted and there’s no funny coffee taste which has dissipated after cooking.
3. For those who are afraid of the bitter taste, this version doesn’t taste bitter at all. The bitter gourd is crunchy, fragrant and goes exceptionally well with the pork floss garnish.
4. A must try dish at Tien Garden! The salted egg yolk blends so well with the crab meat it tastes like crab roe and greatly enhances the taste.
5. Very nice ‘wok hei’ aroma and so tasty that it’s almost addictive.
6. A ‘love hate’ dessert for most people. It tastes so good but it’s so fattening because of the oil used. Good news is at Tien Garden, they don’t use fatty oil to make this dish yet it tastes as good as the sinful versions.
351 Changi Road, Lor Marzuki, S419818
Tel: 6746 5088
Tues to Sun
11:00am – 2:30pm
5:30pm – 9:30pm